We will be holding a workshop on the APC Guide to Pibroch on March 30, 2019, 9am – 5pm!
It will be held in Lilitz, Pennsylvania in the US. This is the home of the Piobaireachd Society of Central Pennsylvania. It will not be live-streamed (though, an attendee could hold a Facebook Live event…we’ll look into that).
Topics will include:
1) Defining our terms
2) Impact of Orality
3) What Canntaireachd really is
4) Impact of Literacy
5) Our primary sources
6) Ceol Mor and Genres
7) What is a cadence? What kinds of cadence?
8) What is a crahinin? What kinds of crahinin
9) The APC method of interpretation
10) How to practice effectively
“If you can’t sing it, you can’t play it.”
Links to the materials:
For more information contact: piobaireachd @ hotmail.com